The removable battery in the Ring Video Doorbell 3 will last from 6 to 12 months depending on usage, and will need to be recharged periodically.
Please ensure you charge the Ring Video Doorbell 3 battery before your OnTech technician arrives to your installation appointment!
To charge your Ring Doorbell 3:
- Loosen the security screw on the base of the doorbell and lift the faceplate up and away from the wall.
- Remove the battery by pressing the release tab.
- Connect any micro-USB charger to the charging port in the battery.
- Your battery is fully charged when the light on the battery shines a solid green.
- Slide the fully charged battery back into the Ring Doorbell.
- There will be a click when the battery is secure.
- After about 30 seconds (time for the Ring Doorbell 3 to start up) return the faceplate to the Ring Doorbell and secure it with the security screw.
I've recharged my Ring Doorbell 3 but the battery level in the app still says that it's low on power. What's going on?
The battery measurement inside your app is updated each time you press the front button on your Ring doorbell. Give your Ring Doorbell 3 a couple of test rings and the app should update.