Are you ready for installation?
Connecting your smart device requires a WiFi signal at your desired location. Please have WiFi username and passwords handy.
The primary user will need to be present during your appointment. This will allow your technician to assist with setting up the mobile app
For questions regarding your appointment, please give us a call at 1-833-ONTECH1
Smart Doorbell Installation Prep:
- A wired doorbell requires existing doorbell wiring at your desired installation location
- If your current doorbell is non-functioning you may need to contact an electrician before your installation can be completed.
- For battery powered doorbells, please plug in and charge your devices battery before your technician arrives (~5-10 hrs)
Smart Thermostat Installation Prep:
- Installation requires an existing and functioning thermostat and HVAC system
- Some HVAC systems are not compatible with Smart Thermostats. Verify your system here (Nest Compatibility Checker)
Smart Camera Installation Prep:
- For plug-in cameras, be sure you have a working outlet within ~25 feet of desired placement
- For battery powered cameras, please plug in and charge your devices battery before your technician arrives (~5-10 hrs)
Ring Retrofit Installation Prep:
- Ring Retrofit Alarm Kit & Ring Alarm Security Kit must be purchased separately & need to be available at your appointment
- The Ring Retrofit kit is for existing wired home security systems. Does not work with wireless systems
- Does not work with powered zones (motions, glass breaks, smoke, CO detectors)
- Retrofit will control up to 8 zones
- If you have more than 8 zones, you can add additional Retrofit Alarm Kit devices to the same Ring Alarm