Safely Serving Our Customers During COVID-19
Our focus is on the safety of our customers, employees and the communities we live in. We are providing essential services to keep you connected and secure. This also means non-essential services may be available on a limited basis or unavailable based on local and national guidelines and technician availability. Check availability by zip code when scheduling a service.
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of the households we visit and the employees who make it all possible. We’d like to share our added precautions to keep customers and our team members safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
What you can expect if an OnTech technician visits your home:
- All of our technicians have been trained on procedures, including those recommended by the CDC, to promote cleanliness and to help prevent the spread of illness.
- Our technicians are equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE) and may wear gloves, masks and shoe covers while inside your home.
- Techs will practice safe social distancing whenever possible while visiting your home.
- For your health and safety, technicians have been advised to not shake hands.
- Techs may need to sanitize surfaces before and after they touch them during their visit.
- Work orders will be signed using a unique pin so you won't need to touch the tech’s phone or tablet while on-site
- As always, if technicians have a known illness, they will not visit a customer’s home.
Options and recommendations for customers:
If you or someone in your household is showing signs of illness, including fever or flu-like symptoms, we ask that you reschedule any upcoming technician visits to your home.
Rescheduling is easy, with the following options available:
- Self-Service: visit the My Orders page of your OnTech account and click the "Reschedule" button to select a new date.
- Speak with an Agent: 1-833-ONTECH3 (668-3243)
If you are unable to reschedule before the technician arrives, we ask that you notify him or her before they enter your home. We empower our technicians to make decisions regarding their personal health and safety, including ending appointments early if anyone in the household is showing symptoms.
Of course, we ask all of our personnel to rigorously practice the fundamentals outlined by the CDC:
- Staying home when sick
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or using hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol content
- Covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue or upper sleeve
- Cleaning commonly touched surfaces and objects, including tools
For your health and well-being, we hope you are following those guidelines, as well.
We will continue to keep you updated with the most current information. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for being part of the OnTech family.